26 May 2018 Students: Get hands-on experience this summer with the EPA
Posted at 08:09h in News
Are you still looking for a way to get some hands-on experience this summer? EPA Region 7, located in Lenexa, Kan., has some non-paid internships that will provide practical work experience working alongside EPA employees. Student schedules are flexible, so check out volunteer opportunities in these areas:
- Air and Waste Management focusing on Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Enforcement Coordination Office on community engagement and enforcement
- Office of Research and Development project on algal blooms and air quality
- Office of Policy and Management on records management
- Superfund focusing on Brownfields
- Office of Water focusing on lead outreach and coordination
If interested, e-mail the following information to email@example.com and mention “Student Volunteer Program” as the subject:
- Cover letter expressing your interest in volunteering at US EPA Region 7; the type of work you are interested in doing; and your availability.
- Resume describing past/present school and work experience.
- A copy of your latest transcripts.