16 Apr Paid Leadership Opportunity for KC Teens
The Kansas City Public Library’s digital media initiative is looking for motivated students (ages 13-18), who reside in the library’s serving district, to be a part of our team.
Creative? Tech savvy? Boy? Girl? None of the above? You are encouraged to apply.
Reliable? Dedicated? Willing to learn and participate? Absolutely apply. We want you!
• Training in a variety of digital media (animation, audio/video production, 3D design and printing, media analysis, game design, and more)
• Access to equipment
• Time and support to develop and produce creative digital content
• Opportunities to share your expertise, enhance your resume, and give back to your community
• $600 total stipend distributed quarterly – August ($200) / November ($200) / February ($200)
• Ability to be a part of something at its inception, helping to influence its future direction
Qualifications: Kansas City teenagers ages 13-18 are eligible to apply. Involvement in extra-curricular activities – clubs, planning groups, volunteer organizations or student council – is helpful, but not required.
• Saturday, May 16th from 1-3pm. Group interview. Please plan to be in attendance the entire time
• June 2015 – August 2015 – The 2nd and 4th Monday from 6:00-8:30pm at the Central Library (14 West 10th Street) and events as they occur
• September 2015 – February 2016 – Participation in the digital media lab twice per month (the lab runs Tuesday-Thursday at various branch locations), as well as team meetings the 2nd Monday of each month from 6-8:30pm and events as they occur
Application & Deadline: April 30, 2015 at midnight. Click here to access the application.
Questions: Contact Andrea Ellis at email@example.com or 816-701-3733.