16 Apr Paid Leadership Opportunity for KC Teens
The Kansas City Public Library’s digital media initiative is looking for motivated students (ages 13-18), who reside in the library’s serving district, to be a part of our team.
Creative? Tech savvy? Boy? Girl? None of the above? You are encouraged to apply.
Reliable? Dedicated? Willing to learn and participate? Absolutely apply. We want you!
• Training in a variety of digital media (animation, audio/video production, 3D design and printing, media analysis, game design, and more)
• Access to equipment
• Time and support to develop and produce creative digital content
• Opportunities to share your expertise, enhance your resume, and give back to your community
• $600 total stipend distributed quarterly – August ($200) / November ($200) / February ($200)
• Ability to be a part of something at its inception, helping to influence its future direction
Qualifications: Kansas City teenagers ages 13-18 are eligible to apply. Involvement in extra-curricular activities – clubs, planning groups, volunteer organizations or student council – is helpful, but not required.
• Saturday, May 16th from 1-3pm. Group interview. Please plan to be in attendance the entire time
• June 2015 – August 2015 – The 2nd and 4th Monday from 6:00-8:30pm at the Central Library (14 West 10th Street) and events as they occur
• September 2015 – February 2016 – Participation in the digital media lab twice per month (the lab runs Tuesday-Thursday at various branch locations), as well as team meetings the 2nd Monday of each month from 6-8:30pm and events as they occur
Application & Deadline: April 30, 2015 at midnight. Click here to access the application.
Although the application has to be completed online, the information and questions can be printed from this PDF, KCDML Team Digital Application.
Questions: Contact Andrea Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-701-3733.