- This event has passed.
Virtual FIRST Lego League Explore Coaches Workshop Q&A
February 2 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
ARE YOU READY TO ENGAGE YOUR STUDENTS IN THE GREATEST SPORT FOR YOUNG MINDS?
Teams of students ages 6-10 focus on the fundamentals of engineering as they explore real-world problems, learn to design, and code and create unique solutions made with LEGO bricks and powered by LEGO® Education SPIKE Essential or WeDo 2.0.
Students that participate on a FIRST Robotics team are:
- More likely to declare a major in STEM
- Young women who participate in FIRST Robotics teams show significant gains in all STEM areas.
- 87% express an interest in doing well in school
- 95% demonstrate an increase in time management skills
- 99% demonstrate an increase in teamwork skills
- Students will have the opportunity to participate in 1 of 3 regional showcases
Showcase 1: March 18th – Olathe South High School
Showcase 2: April 2nd – Lee’s Summit High school
Showcase 3: May – Date TBD – Crown Center