STEM Connect-KC Calendar
- This event has passed.
OmniLife VR Conference in Education, Health & Wellness
May 16 @ 7:30 am - 4:30 pm
Join KC-area K-12 educators, Northland Educators Business Alliance, Northland and Southland CAPS, related program administrators, business executives and business professionals in this event to introduce virtual reality in the fields of education, health and fitness.
Topics in each category include:
* Power & Benefits of Digital-Connected schools.
* Steps to Integrate the Standards of International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) for Students, Educators, Administrators, & Computer Science Educators.
* Increasing Student Attention, Engagement, and Retention through Virtual Reality.
* Building a STEM Lab in K-12 Schools to explore higher education and career pathways.
* VR Tech Tools to Transform World Language Classrooms, with Foreign Language Teaching & Learning.
* Virtual Reality in Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, & Rehabilitation
* Virtual Reality in Assessment and Treatment of Mental Health Disorders, Addictions, and Medical Applications for Pain.
* Neuroscience & Psychiatric Research on Virtual Reality Effects on PTSD, Dementia, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Stroke & Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI).