NOTE: The COVID-19 situation is causing many event cancellations. Please confirm event status directly with hosting organizations.
STEM Connect-KC Calendar
- This event has passed.
Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day
February 21 @ 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
The ninth annual Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day (IGED) takes place on Feb. 21, 2020 and the Society of Women Engineers invites high school girls interested in learning more about what it takes to be an engineer to spend a day exploring this career field.
Everything starts with engineering; the car in which you ride, the road on which you drive, the phone you use, the clothes you wear, even the food you eat! They all have passed through an engineer’s hands before they make it to yours. Careers range from designing a spaceship to working on the next smartphone. Engineering is not sitting behind a computer solving math problems all day. It’s active, it’s exciting and it’s everywhere!
Engineers get to flex their creative muscles when designing, showcase social skills while working in teams, consider business and economic perspectives and most importantly, affect the lives of people every day.
Activities at IGED will include:
- Attending the event at the Bartle Hall Convention Center on Friday, February 21, 2020, from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Being paired with a practicing female engineer mentor throughout the day who will provide insight into what it means and what it takes to be an engineer
- Learning about the engineering companies located right here in Kansas City
- Getting answers to your college questions
- Participating in hands-on, engineering related activities
To join in Kansas City’s ninth annual IGED, register online at https://airtable.com/shrUzCfswkQJ4Uff1 by Jan. 17.