15 Mar 2022 Kansas City STEM Goes Red Student Scholarship
The American Heart Association’s Go Red for Women movement and a generous anonymous donor developed the Kansas City STEM Goes Red Scholarship with the goal of bridging the gap between student interests in pursuing a career in a STEM field and achieving their goals.
The Kansas City STEM Goes Red Scholarship will award three scholarships of $2,500 each to qualifying applicants.
• Current or previous Kansas City STEM Goes Red event participant, OR a 9th-12th grade student currently attending a school within the Kansas City Metro (Missouri counties: Jackson, Clay, & Platte. Kansas counties: Wyandotte & Johnson)
• Minimum 3.0 GPA
• U.S. citizen/permanent resident of the U.S.
• Applying for funding for the following:
-Attendance at a college or university with the intent to major in a STEMrelated field
-Attendance at a vocational or technical trade institution with a focus on
earning a degree/certificate in a STEM-related field
• Past award recipients are not eligible to re-apply.
In addition to meeting the scholarship qualifications, a review committee will select finalists based on:
• Academic achievement
• Interest and commitment to pursue a career in a STEM field
• Two letters of recommendation; one from an educator and one from a community
service representative (organization, employer, clergy or coach). Qualities should
include maturity, motivation, self-confidence, leadership, interest & commitment
to STEM, and potential for success.
• Five (5) paragraph essay (500 words maximum, typed, double-spaced, one-sided)
which addresses two of the application questions.
Application submissions for the 2021-2022 Kansas City STEM Goes Red Scholarship will be
accepted via email to KC.STEMGoesRed@heart.org by May 1, 2022.
For additional information, please contact KC.STEMGoesRed@heart.org.