25 Sep 2020 Teacher Talks: A Virtual Networking Series for PLTW Educators
KC STEM Alliance typically offers annual professional development events called Teacher Mentor Days, organized by field of study or grade level. For the 2020-21 academic year, these opportunities will shift to more frequent virtual networking opportunities for educators.
What: A series of Zoom gatherings for PLTW teachers at all levels hosted by KC STEM Alliance. Each session will include a guest post-secondary or industry partner who will provide 10 minutes of STEM content that complements the featured PLTW curriculum, followed by 50 minutes of breakout sessions where teachers can share best practices, pain points, resources and tips.
Who Should Attend: PLTW elementary, middle and high school teachers. Although middle and high school teachers associated with each session’s featured curriculum presentation will want to attend pathway-specific sessions, all sessions are open to all PLTW teachers.
When: Sessions will take place from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. every other Thursday this fall:
- 10/22/2020: co-hosted by UMKC SCE, PLTW curriculum focus: Civil Engineering & Architecture (CEA), with attention on Civil Engineering. Register here for the Zoom link.
- 11/5/2020: co-hosted by Burns & McDonnell, PLTW curriculum focus: Principles of Engineering (POE), with attention on Electrical Engineering/ Gateway Magic of Electrons/Day in the Life of an Engineer. Register here.
- 11/19/2020: co-hosted by SS&C Technologies, PLTW curriculum focus: CSP/CSA/Gateway App Creators/CS for Innovators & Makers with attention on Software Development/Day in the Life of a Software Developer. Register here.
- 12/3/2020: co-hosted by KU Edwards, PLTW curriculum focus: Medical Interventions (MI)/Biomedical Innovation (BI)/Gateway Design & Modeling/Medical Detectives, with attention on Biotechnology and Industry Insights. Register here.
- 12/17/2020: Co-hosted by UMKC School of Nursing & Health Studies, PLTW curriculum focus: Principles of Biomedical Science (PBS), with attention on Health Careers. Register here.